Friday, September 28, 2012

Mantrum and Pasta and more!


This week Mantrum is:
To prouve to myself that this dream can become a REALITY!




I'm a big fan of pasta and naturally, I have to try them! Yummy! I picked up the recipe for you, but you can also go get it at Fitness Magazine!


Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Makes: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 jarred roasted red peppers, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, roasted red peppers and sugar and cook until just thickened, about 2 minutes. Transfer red pepper mixture to a blender; process until smooth.
3. Return pan to stove, add thyme and red pepper flakes and cook over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spaghetti, red pepper puree and salt to pan, stirring to combine. Add reserved pasta water and cook over medium-low heat until sauce just clings to spaghetti, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese.

I'll try this one and feedback later!

Also: these are cute and seems comfortable! I know it's no more the season to wear these but if you're like me and you're training inside, it's still ok even in Autum! Still 88$ :S (Found on FitSugar)



Fit test #4 (of the Insanity program) is next week (Monday, October 1st, 2012) and I'm not quite sure (as usual) if I'm getting better on physical plan. Some people told me they saw some changes... I saw it too but I'm pretty intriguing right now with the pictures and measurements I will take on Monday!

So true!

Hope I will do better than Fit Test #3 who was a total massacre! Oh BTW my arms are better now and I can do my pushups too! In the second month of the Insanity program, we do differents figures as the pushups with the elbows ''in'' (the Triceps pushups)


OMG it's even harder and my elbows are screaming! Anyway I'll come back later on this one too :P

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment